Sweet Potato Cheese Sauce
There's so much hype around cheese sauce made from potatoes and carrots or made from cashews that people don't even see the real winner here. The sweet potato. This is my favorite vegan cheese recipe and I will always stand by it.
- 1 Large Sweet Potato
- 1/2 Small White Onion
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- 1 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- 4 Tbsp Nutritional Yeast
- 1 Tbsp Liquid Aminos or Low Sodium Soy Sauce
- 1 Cup Vegan Milk
- Salt & Pepper to Taste
- Add some water to a pot and bring it to a boil.
- Peel and cube the sweet potato and add it to the water. Next roughly chop the onion and add it to the water.
- Once you can easily stab the potato with a fork drain it and add it to a high power blender or food processor.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the blender and blend on high until it is completely smooth.
- You can eat it over noodles as mac and cheese, on nachos, or even just with a cracker and veggie spread.