My Perfect Baked Tofu
Honestly I could eat this tofu with every meal it's just that good. It perfectly crispy and tasty while still being healthy. It is also such a great addition to a meal that can be made in a short amount of time.
- 1 Block of Firm or Extra Firm Tofu
- 3 Tbsp Liquid Aminos or Soy Sauce
- 1 Tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 Tsp Onion Powder
- Cayenne Pepper to Taste (Depending on how spicy ya like it)
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- Start by preheating your oven to 425°F and line a baking sheet with a silicone baking mat or parchment paper. I find that it cooks better with one of these.
- Next take the tofu and cut it into cubes, or triangles, or rectangles. However you prefer it.
- Then put it in a jar or tupperware (really anything with a lid) and add the tofu and the rest of the ingredients. Give it a nice gentle shake so that all the tofu gets coated with the marinade.
- You can set this aside in the fridge for 30 minutes to an hour to allow the tofu to soak up all the marinade but if your short on time or just impatient like me you can pop it in the oven right away.
- Lay the tofu on the pan evenly so that none are touching each other and bake for about 25-30 minutes flipping them halfway through.
- And that's it you're done. My favorite way to eat this is with some plain rice and my favorite steamed veggies. But you can literally add this to any dish and it will make it amazing!