Hazelnut Vanilla Granola Crunch
Granola is one of my favorite things to make homemade. Store bought granola tend to have a lot of added sugars and oils that I just don't want to eat but good thing making you're own is so easy! Putting in over a smoothie bowl or a chia pudding or even just eating it with some vegan mylk is too good. Getting hungry just thinking about it.
- 2 Cups Gluten Free Rolled Oats
- 3/4 Cup Unsweetened Apple Sauce
- 1/2 Cup Agave Nectar or Pure Maple Syrup
- 1 Tbsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Roasted Hazelnuts
- Start by preheating your oven to 275°F and add the oats to a baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes stirring them up a little halfway through. This will help make your granola extra crunchy
- While they are baking in a bowl add the apple sauce, agave, and vanilla to a larger bowl and mix them up until everything is combined
- Once the oats are done add them to a bowl with the hazelnuts and mix it up until all the oats look visibly coated
- Put the mixture back on the baking tray and baking again for 40 minutes. Stir it up halfway through so everything is baked evenly. Keep and eye on it towards the end because it could burn easily!
- Let it sit on the baking tray until it is completely cooled. This will allow it to get extra crunchy! Store in an air tight container and enjoy anyway you'd like it.