Creamy Tahini Tofu Veggie Stir Fry
Are you craving lots of nutrient full veggies and protein packed tofu mixed in with an extra creamy tahini sauce. All of that over a bed of rice or just perfectly on its own! This is the recipe to satisfy your craving. Youre welcome.
- 1 Block Firm Tofu
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- 1/2 of a Yellow Onion
- 1 Bell Pepper
- 4-5 White Mushrooms
- Rice or Carb of Choice
- 1/4 Cup Tahini
- 1 Tbsp Liquid Sweetener like Agave or Pure Maple Syrup
- 1 Tbsp Rice Wine Vinegar
- 2-3 Tbsp Liquid Aminos or Soy Sauce
- 2 Tsp Garlic Powder
- 2 Tsp Onion Powder
- 1 Tsp Ground Ginger
- 1/4 Tsp Turmeric
- 1/4 Tsp Cayenne Powder or To Taste
- Start by preheating your oven to 425°F and cut the block of tofu into cubes. Bake them for 20-25 minutes or until crisp on the outside.
- While the tofu in baking dice up the garlic and onion and sauté in a pan over medium heat. You can use a little bit of sesame oil to cook in but otherwise just use a little bit of water to avoid sticking. Now chop up the rest of your veggies and add then in the pan once the onions become translucent.
- Stir around the veggies and cook until they become soft.
- While the veggies are cooking start on your sauce by adding all the ingredients to a bowl. Add water in very small amounts to thin out the sauce. Add water one tbsp at a time until it reaches your desired constancy.
- Add the tofu to the pan of veggies and pour your sauce over everything until it is all completely coated and cook for 1-2 minutes to allow the sauce to heat up.
- Serve over rice or any carb that you prefer and enjoy!