Cauliflower Wings with Honey Mustard Dipping Sauce
Hello Friends! I'm back with one of my favorite recipes i've made to this day. They're perfect for those Sunday's watching football with the family or they would be a hit at a potluck with friends! Today's recipe is for cauliflower wings which have the options of their keeping them dry or making them as buffalo wings or BBQ. This recipe is oil-free and vegan. Even though it is oil-free the wings still get nice and crispy.
1 medium head of cauliflower
1/2 cup oats, blended into a flour
1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
1/2 cup cornmeal
1/2 cup + 2-4 tablespoons vegan milk
1 teaspoon smoked paprika
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon cumin
1/2 teaspoon turmeric
1/3 cup Franks Red Hot Buffalo Wing Sauce (or any vegan buffalo sauce) or vegan BBQ sauce
Honey Mustard Dipping Sauce
- 1/4 cup vegan mayo
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 1 teaspoon agave or maple syrup
- Preheat the oven to 425°F and line a medium/large baking sheet with parchment paper
- Cut up cauliflower into bite sized pieces and set aside.
- In a small bowl add panko, cornmeal, paprika, garlic powder, cumin and turmeric. Then whisk until the ingredients are incorporated. In a separate bowl add the 1/2 cup of vegan milk and in another small bowl add the oat flour.
- Take a piece of cauliflower and first roll it around in the flour until coated. Then soak it in the bowl of vegan milk. Lastly put it straight into the panko bowl and roll it around until the cauliflower is fully covered. Place it on a baking tray and continue with all the cauliflower pieces.
- Bake the cauliflower pieces for about 15 minutes flipping halfway until they get slightly browned on top.
- While the cauliflower is baking in a medium bowl add your sauce of choice and 2-4 tablespoons of vegan milk and mix to combine. Once the cauliflower is done add it to the bowl and toss until all the cauliflower is coated. Add more sauce as needed.
- Put the cauliflower back on the tray and bake for another 20 minutes flipping halfway through or until they are lightly browned on top.
- While it's baking start to make the honey mustard dipping sauce. In a small bowl add the vegan mayo, mustard, and agave. Then mix until combined and keep until the fridge until read to serve.
- Once the cauliflwoer is removed from the oven cool for about 3-5 minutes and enjoy!